fbpx

Animal Crossing: New Horizons community is on fire for lack of new content

Home Default Forums General discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons community is on fire for lack of new content

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Catherine Kane 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Catherine Kane
    Participant

After a few months with no new content in the game, fans start complaining about it and asking for new Animal Crossing 1.11.0 updates.
    It’s been a year and a little since Animal Crossing: New Horizons was released, right? My mother, and it seems like yesterday. Although I’m sure that perception of my time isn’t the same as that of the biggest fans of the Nintendo Switch game. If you who are reading this are part of that loyal community of players, then you will know that things are a little delicate about the current state of the game. Is that bad state? Not for me, and probably not for you either, but it’s been in that same state for too long.
    To put us in the situation a bit, shortly after Animal Crossing: New Horizons was released to the market, Nintendo kept it active in terms of major August update in 2021 on a quarterly basis, more or less. However, those updates became minor updates that did not introduce new mechanics, but rather some furniture, clothing, and other items within the game. And already, during the most recent months, not even that. And unsurprisingly, the fan community is not very happy.
    acnh

When will there be more in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
    People (and I too) were expecting a major update that would include all those mechanics that have been rumored for a long time when Animal Crossing: New Horizons turned one year old this past March. However, there was nothing, and it was from there that ACNH items started to get ugly for the fans. And so until today, when there are already many players who are even boycotting the game and deciding to stop playing or even sell it.
    I at first thought that the complaints came from isolated cases on Twitter and that most of the players accepted the situation, but you can see that they did not. On Twitter you can read multiple complaints from fans when Nintendo mentions something about Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and you see that on Reddit is that post with a lot of comments and positive votes. It is clear that the community wants more.

Are the complaints justified?
    This is a somewhat complicated question. I agree with what the Reddit post says at the end, and that is that although the developers have worked a lot in a game, that does not mean that people have to settle. You can always ask for something more post-release and thereby increase the sales of Animal Crossing: New Horizons and cause the return of many players. However, Nintendo is also fully within its rights to leave the game as it is and continue to give minor updates.
    The thing is that there is a lot of data in the game code that would reveal that there are important things on the way (things that were already available in New Leaf but that have been removed here), but they never arrive. What do you think of all this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Concerns or questions?

See our support area where you can find questions asked by our clients and answered by the team.

SEE SUPPORT AREA

NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be update with the latest news from us.

* It really works! Mailchimp Integration.

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up