GENERAL SAFETY ON-LINE
Doggiecafeonline wants its members to enjoy the safest and most secure form of on-line dating and networking available. In recent years much has been written on the topic of On-Line Dating and remaining safe on-line.
Whilst we try to take every precaution necessary here are a few general guidelines for our members to consider to ensure you remain safe on and off line as recommended by the ( ACMA ) the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
Password & Security
- Be careful when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others can’t view or record your password or personal information.
- Do not open e-mail attatchments from people you dont know.
- Please ensure that you keep your internet security software up to date.
- Preventing identity theft and keeping your identity is precious….. please keep it that way by ensuring your computer viruses, firewalls, spyware and ransomware software are upto date.
- Think about what you post on-line..your pictures and information can become permanent.
Creating your online dating profile:
- When choosing a username …..please use common sense
- The use of sexual, provocative or controversial usernames can attract the wrong kind of attention.
- Keep your contact details private. Do not include information such as your home address or phone number in your profile nor your place of work.
- You must however have a valid e-mail address. All profiles on doggiecafeonline are manually verified and the information you provide must be correct.
- Doggiecafeonline reserves the right to ask for one form of identification for verification purposes.
Meeting new people On-line
- Get to know people first ….take your time on-line and trust your instincts.
- Don’t give out too much information eg…your life-story the first time you chat.
- Check to see if the person you’re interested in is on other social networking sites like Facebook and Google.
- Report unacceptable or suspicious behaviour including offensive, insulting and threatening behaviour.
- Do not communicate with anyone who attempts to solicite your personal or financial information.
If you experience any of the above, please report it to doggiecafeonline immediately.
Meeting outside for the first time:
- Its a good idea to tell a friend first..let them know your going to meet someone for the first time.
- The safest way to meet someone is in public and remain in public.
- Get to know the person, Profiles can be different ….the way people interact online isn’t always the same face-to-face.
- If you feel uncomfortable with the date or the meetings make an excuse and leave if your not keen… dont hang around.
Please report if you experience any of the following to doggiecafeonline.com
- Another Members request for money. Never give out your bank account details or any other of your personal details.
- Beware of the sad story eg – ill family members who require financial help to cover medical expenses.
- Too good to be true business deals….are always a scam
- Do not share pictures or information about yourself or others that can be used as blackmail….eg provacative pictures such as selfies.
- If you suspect that someone you’re are talking to may be a scammer please stop your communication with him or her and immediately report it.
All information will be passed onto the relevant authorities.